I’m on a cookie kick! But trying to avoid sugar as much as possible because it makes me feel really sick. The struggle is trying not to eat 12 cookies in one day…..self control seems to be a problem over here! The first time I made these I used Buckwheat flour…but I didn’t have any around this time SO I improvised and used my dry Vitamix blender and made steel cut oats into flour and they still turned okay great! Give them a try! Let me know what you think 🙂
2 c steel cut oat flour (done in my Vitamix)
3/4 c gluten free oats
2 tbsp flax seed
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c coconut sugar
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 c dark chocolate chunks (Bernard Callebaut solid bar broken into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350F (convection bake- if not switch from top to bottom rack half way between cooking)
- Stir flour, oats, flaxseeds, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Beat coconut sugar, applesauce, and coconut oil with electric mixer in a medium sized bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Roll dough into round balls and arrange on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Transfer to cookie rack and let cool.
*I love eating these cookies frozen!
It might be tricky to make this now because cherries aren’t in season….. but if you are able to get your hands on some:) Or you might just have to wait till next season!
Using this dairy free vanilla ice cream as your base, cut up cherries into halves or quarters and mix them into your churned ice cream before placing it in the freezer to harden.
** Note: the ice cream doesn’t harden completely!
1 avocado (4.5 oz)
1⁄2 plantain (2.5 oz)
34 oz coconut milk
2.5 cups agave
1/2 c vanilla
2 vanilla beans
1. Make base by combining avocado, plantain, coconut milk & agave in food processor
2. Stir in vanilla beans and extract and whisk vigorously to break up beans. Process.
For the easiest Ice Cream Sandwiches….
Fill a Dixie cup with your slightly melted ice cream, place in the freezer over night. When you are ready for dessert- remove the Dixie cups from the freezer peel away the Dixie cup and cut your frozen chunk of ice cream into thick slices! I use Udi’s Salted caramel cashew cookies
(not healthy) but delicious!
1 apple, sliced
2 drops of cinnamon bark oil
1/2 c water
1. Let your apple sit in the water and cinnamon oil mixture for a couple of hours.
2. Sprinkle them with coconut sugar and enjoy!
** You can use the cinnamon flavored water to make a Chai shake
I just had the BIGGEST Pinterest FAIL! I was trying to make an eggl-ess, gluten free cookie dough and I don’t know how their recipe turned out but mine was like soup….so I had to make lots of adjustments. These guys would be a good pre or post work out snack as they are protein packed!!
6 tbsp. almond butter
3/4 c almond milk
1 tsp coconut oil,melted
6 drops of stevia
1/2 tsp sea salt
6 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used doTERRA Slim and Sassy)
1/2 c brown rice flour
3 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 c oats
1/3 c chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together except the oats and chocolate chips. Once combined add the oats.(Add more oats if needed)
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate or roll into balls and freeze for later!
- I found the dough actually tasted better baked. Bake at 350F for 6 1/2 minutes.