I’m on a cookie kick! But trying to avoid sugar as much as possible because it makes me feel really sick. The struggle is trying not to eat 12 cookies in one day…..self control seems to be a problem over here! The first time I made these I used Buckwheat flour…but I didn’t have any around this time SO I improvised and used my dry Vitamix blender and made steel cut oats into flour and they still turned okay great! Give them a try! Let me know what you think 🙂
2 c steel cut oat flour (done in my Vitamix)
3/4 c gluten free oats
2 tbsp flax seed
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c coconut sugar
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 c dark chocolate chunks (Bernard Callebaut solid bar broken into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350F (convection bake- if not switch from top to bottom rack half way between cooking)
- Stir flour, oats, flaxseeds, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Beat coconut sugar, applesauce, and coconut oil with electric mixer in a medium sized bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Roll dough into round balls and arrange on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Transfer to cookie rack and let cool.
*I love eating these cookies frozen!
2 organic eggs
1/2 cup avocado oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 cups dark chocolate chunks
1 c chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a safe microwave dish, over 45 second intervals and stirring the chocolate in between, melt chocolate chips. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl with a wire whisk, add the eggs, sugar, and oil and beat until combine. Add the vanilla and melted chocolate and beat constantly while you add it.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder, and the remaining chocolate chunks and combine. You can start mixing with a spatula.
5. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie batter on each baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack and store in an air tight container.
Adapted from Eat Good 4 Life Blog
I finally made it down to By Ollia this last weekend! I am seriously lucky that macarons are gluten free because they are one of my favorite treats! This time I tried yuzu + hibiscus and cotton candy- the cotton candy one tasted EXACTLY like cotton candy! I also love macarons for their elegance- I feel like its not just a food- but part of fashion! Call me a diva….
If I’m being super honest… I think these were the best macarons I have ever had! A little crunchy on the outside and soft, moist with the perfect chewiness on the inside! I have made macarons a few times and they seem to turn out different every time, they still taste delicious but I think I need some lessons! I found out they teach clases at By Ollia so I am super excited to sign up for one!
I couldn’t decide what to have for my birthday dessert last month because I’m not into cake….so I requested these Chai Ice Cream sandwiched with gingerbread cookies- sounds heavenly don’t they?! In honor of National Ice Cream Day I’m having them again!
I didn’t make up either of these two recipes….but it got my head spinning on how to make my own version of the Ice Cream! It was delicious… but didn’t scoop as well as I had hoped. I also would like it a bit creamier. Stay tuned…. I will be trying my idea out soon:)
For the Vegan Chair Ice Cream
** I used herbal tea
Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
Stay cool & enjoy!!!
YAY!! Myself and @rikitakitype are SO EXCITED to announce the release of our Sunmer Dinner Party recipe book!!!
Featuring our own paleo, vegan, sugar free and gluten free recipes we are thrilled to share! Order before Wednesday using the CUPON CODE Summer2015 and you can get the ebook for only $12!!! It’s an instant digital download so you can get it right in your hands!! Happy cooking!
Link to order: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/232993420/summer-dinner-party-recipe-book?ref=shop_home_active_2