I’m on a cookie kick! But trying to avoid sugar as much as possible because it makes me feel really sick. The struggle is trying not to eat 12 cookies in one day…..self control seems to be a problem over here! The first time I made these I used Buckwheat flour…but I didn’t have any around this time SO I improvised and used my dry Vitamix blender and made steel cut oats into flour and they still turned okay great! Give them a try! Let me know what you think 🙂
2 c steel cut oat flour (done in my Vitamix)
3/4 c gluten free oats
2 tbsp flax seed
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c coconut sugar
1/2 c coconut oil
1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 c dark chocolate chunks (Bernard Callebaut solid bar broken into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350F (convection bake- if not switch from top to bottom rack half way between cooking)
- Stir flour, oats, flaxseeds, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Beat coconut sugar, applesauce, and coconut oil with electric mixer in a medium sized bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Roll dough into round balls and arrange on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. Transfer to cookie rack and let cool.
*I love eating these cookies frozen!
1 c frozen mango
1 c frozen banana
1/4 c fresh pineapple + extra for toppings
1/4 c pineapple juice
2 tsp Activz coconut water powder
frozen or fresh blueberries
- Add all ingredients to your Vitamix, except toppings & blend until smooth.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
*add chia seeds for your protein!
I got this recipe from my friend Megan over at The Nutritional Addiction. Thank you!!! This jam is amazing! I could eat it by the spoonful… Or on waffles, pancakes, ice cream, sandwiches, yogurt you name it! It would also make a great gift!
1 c dried chopped figs
1 c water
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
let cool and pour into food processor. Process for about 2 minutes until smooth- butter! I could eat this by the spoonful… Or on waffles, pancakes, ice cream, yogurt or even give it as a gift!
- Combine digs, water & honey in a pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chia seeds and let simmer for another 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla & lemon juice.
- Let cool and pour into food processor. Process for about 2 minutes until it’s a smooth butter!
3 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1/4 c pumpkin puree
1/2 package of Activz carrot powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 coconut milk
1/2 c water
1/4 c almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a mason jar and let it sit over night.
2. When you are ready to eat stir again and top with pumpkin seeds.
So many people skip breakfast because they don’t have time… or let’s be real, are just straight up too lazy.
BUT there’s no excuse! This will take you 30 seconds! Plus it is SO much healthier than store bought cereal. Just because cereals are are gluten free, or are claimed ‘healthy’ they are typically loaded with tons of sugar…
Here is a great option that will keep you full!
1/3 c coconut cream
1/3 c water
handful of berries
handful of nuts (full or almond slices)
handful of toasted coconut
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. flax seeds
drizzle of sweetener (optional)
* you could also use 1 c of almond milk or another dairy free milk
1. Add all of your ingredients to a bowl- voila!