I don’t eat oatmeal very often… but whenever I do I think, I should eat this more! It’s so tasty and there are SO many different things you can do with it! These are two of my favourites! Peanut butter, banana fudge and apple pie! It doesn’t take long either, so when you are in a rush and need some quick carbs this is your jam!
Peanut butter banana fudge oatmeal
1/2 c oats
1 overripe banana, mashed
1- 2 tbsp peanut butter
1 c cashew milk (or water)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of salt
- bring milk to a boil, add oats and reduce to medium heat.
- mash up banana, add to oats and stir.
- add cocoa powder, sea salt and vanilla. stir and let it cook for a couple more minutes. At the end stir in peanut butter.
- top with peanut butter, chocolate chips, chopped nuts or what ever other toppings you would like!
Apple pie oatmeal
1/2 c oats
1 apple, cut into cubes
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
1 cup of water or dairy free milk
- bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add oats, stir and reduce to medium heat. Add 3/4 of the apple, 1 tsp cinnamon and sea salt and cook until apple are tender (about 10-15 minutes.) You may need to add a bit more water while it is cooking.
- While oatmeal is cooking, put the rest of the apples, honey and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon into a small sauce pan and cook until apples are tender.
- When oatmeal is done top with cooked apples and any other toppings you desire! We added a tbsp of slivered almonds and raisins.