I don’t eat oatmeal very often… but whenever I do I think, I should eat this more! It’s so tasty and there are SO many different things you can do with it! These are two of my favourites! Peanut butter, banana fudge and apple pie! It doesn’t take long either, so when you are in a rush and need some quick carbs this is your jam!
Peanut butter banana fudge oatmeal
1/2 c oats
1 overripe banana, mashed
1- 2 tbsp peanut butter
1 c cashew milk (or water)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of salt
- bring milk to a boil, add oats and reduce to medium heat.
- mash up banana, add to oats and stir.
- add cocoa powder, sea salt and vanilla. stir and let it cook for a couple more minutes. At the end stir in peanut butter.
- top with peanut butter, chocolate chips, chopped nuts or what ever other toppings you would like!
Apple pie oatmeal
1/2 c oats
1 apple, cut into cubes
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
1 cup of water or dairy free milk
- bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add oats, stir and reduce to medium heat. Add 3/4 of the apple, 1 tsp cinnamon and sea salt and cook until apple are tender (about 10-15 minutes.) You may need to add a bit more water while it is cooking.
- While oatmeal is cooking, put the rest of the apples, honey and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon into a small sauce pan and cook until apples are tender.
- When oatmeal is done top with cooked apples and any other toppings you desire! We added a tbsp of slivered almonds and raisins.
1 c frozen mango
1 c frozen banana
1/4 c fresh pineapple + extra for toppings
1/4 c pineapple juice
2 tsp Activz coconut water powder
frozen or fresh blueberries
- Add all ingredients to your Vitamix, except toppings & blend until smooth.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
*add chia seeds for your protein!
I got home last night at 3:30am from the One Direction concert with my friends and cousins just in time to sleep for a couple of hours before being at work before 8am! WOOF!!! BUT…it was totally worth it!!! My cousins and I had a BLAST singing, dancing and living it up!
My breakfast was simple, delicious and quick!
I like to make loaves of banana bread and freeze individual slices for times like this when I need something quick 🙂
To make this delicious goodness….
pink Himalayan sea salt
What are your favorite things to do exercise?
Make sure you fuel your body before and after you work out to keep it healthy, happy and strong! FOOD is FUEL.
Pre- work out
* eat these snacks 60-90 minutes before your work out
Peanut butter power balls
Apple slices + cinnamon almond butter sprinkled with hemp hearts
Veggies and hummus
Banana + almond butter
Rice cakes + almond butter
cottage cheese + fruit
Post work out
* right after your work out
Dried fruit + hard boiled egg
Handful of nuts and a piece of fruit
Greek yogurt + almond butter + berries
Happy working out!