I don’t eat oatmeal very often… but whenever I do I think, I should eat this more! It’s so tasty and there are SO many different things you can do with it! These are two of my favourites! Peanut butter, banana fudge and apple pie! It doesn’t take long either, so when you are in a rush and need some quick carbs this is your jam!
Peanut butter banana fudge oatmeal
1/2 c oats
1 overripe banana, mashed
1- 2 tbsp peanut butter
1 c cashew milk (or water)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of salt
- bring milk to a boil, add oats and reduce to medium heat.
- mash up banana, add to oats and stir.
- add cocoa powder, sea salt and vanilla. stir and let it cook for a couple more minutes. At the end stir in peanut butter.
- top with peanut butter, chocolate chips, chopped nuts or what ever other toppings you would like!
Apple pie oatmeal
1/2 c oats
1 apple, cut into cubes
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
1 cup of water or dairy free milk
- bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add oats, stir and reduce to medium heat. Add 3/4 of the apple, 1 tsp cinnamon and sea salt and cook until apple are tender (about 10-15 minutes.) You may need to add a bit more water while it is cooking.
- While oatmeal is cooking, put the rest of the apples, honey and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon into a small sauce pan and cook until apples are tender.
- When oatmeal is done top with cooked apples and any other toppings you desire! We added a tbsp of slivered almonds and raisins.
What are your favorite things to do exercise?
Make sure you fuel your body before and after you work out to keep it healthy, happy and strong! FOOD is FUEL.
Pre- work out
* eat these snacks 60-90 minutes before your work out
Peanut butter power balls
Apple slices + cinnamon almond butter sprinkled with hemp hearts
Veggies and hummus
Banana + almond butter
Rice cakes + almond butter
cottage cheese + fruit
Post work out
* right after your work out
Dried fruit + hard boiled egg
Handful of nuts and a piece of fruit
Greek yogurt + almond butter + berries
Happy working out!
Juice Because said it best – Why Clean(se)
“It is unreasonable to think that we always make the best choices for the health and well being of our bodies. Finding balance is difficult and most of us have busy, stressful lives, we don’t always take the time to eat health supporting nutritious foods, and we are all exposed to a heavy load of toxins and pollution from living in an industrial world. Our bodies take a lot of abuse so it’s important, from time to time, to take a break from toxins and be kind to our body mind and spirit. Doing a gentle cleanse incorporating health promoting juices is a great way to re-set and detoxify; giving your body a much needed break. Re-setting and detoxifying our bodies allows digestion and metabolism to function more optimally, which promotes increased nutrient absorption and allows for an increase in energy and vitality. Ridding our bodies of toxins is essential to our health.“
After a long weekend in Utah visiting friends, family, and over-eating and indulging way more than anyone should!, today is the perfect day to start this cleanse! I am super excited about it! I have done a juicing cleanse once before and truly felt great! It was hard, but if its something you want to do, then it is totally doable! Follow me the next couple days on my juicing journey 🙂
stay fresh – xo erin