Who doesn’t love a good taco?! These plantain shells are my new addiction! They add such great flavor!
These were super simple….
Plantain taco shell
Cilantro for garnish (and because I LOVE tons of it!)
What are your favorite taco toppings?
Plantain Taco adapted from Whole New Mom blog
3 ripe plantains
1/2 c avocado oil
1.5 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 lime, juiced
1. Pre heat oven to 300F
2. Combine all ingredients in your food processor or blender until smooth.
3. On parchment lined baking sheet pour plantain mixture, spread it out with a spoon or spatula to what ever size shells you would like- I like to make smaller sized shells (around the size of my hand) It should be about 1/4 of an inch thick.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes- until they are firm but flexible. Remove from oven and let the shells slightly cool.
5. Hang shells from the oven rack and cook for another 10-12 minutes. It may need longer but you want to watch them very closely so they do not burn!! This will help the taco shells have a bit more form and crisp up a bit.
6. Remove shells from oven and open them up a bit so as they cool they will keep their open shape- this will make them easier to fill.