Quick delicious meal in only 30 minutes!
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Glow Co.
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 c old fashioned oats, gluten free
1/4 c coconut flour
1 small sweet potato, grated
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil ( add more for frying)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 (15 ounce can) coconut milk
1 small red onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1.5 zucchini, cut into cubes
1.5 c cauliflower
1.5 c snow peas
3 tbsp green curry paste
3.5 tbsp lime juice (1.5 limes)
salt to taste
- preheat oven to 375F
- in a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the meatballs (except for olive oil)
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat and add olive oil to the pan. Make balls, 1 inch in size with your hands. It works best of your hands are slightly moist with water. Place in skillet. Repeat.
- Brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes (they don’t need to be fully cooked.) Remove from heat. Set meatballs aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same skilled you used for the meatballs. Add red onion, red pepper and snow peas. Saute veggies for 2 mins. Add coconut curry sauce to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add browned meatballs to the skillet so they are sitting in the curry mixture. Place in the oven and bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice or spinach.
I don’t eat oatmeal very often… but whenever I do I think, I should eat this more! It’s so tasty and there are SO many different things you can do with it! These are two of my favourites! Peanut butter, banana fudge and apple pie! It doesn’t take long either, so when you are in a rush and need some quick carbs this is your jam!
Peanut butter banana fudge oatmeal
1/2 c oats
1 overripe banana, mashed
1- 2 tbsp peanut butter
1 c cashew milk (or water)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of salt
- bring milk to a boil, add oats and reduce to medium heat.
- mash up banana, add to oats and stir.
- add cocoa powder, sea salt and vanilla. stir and let it cook for a couple more minutes. At the end stir in peanut butter.
- top with peanut butter, chocolate chips, chopped nuts or what ever other toppings you would like!
Apple pie oatmeal
1/2 c oats
1 apple, cut into cubes
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
1 cup of water or dairy free milk
- bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add oats, stir and reduce to medium heat. Add 3/4 of the apple, 1 tsp cinnamon and sea salt and cook until apple are tender (about 10-15 minutes.) You may need to add a bit more water while it is cooking.
- While oatmeal is cooking, put the rest of the apples, honey and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon into a small sauce pan and cook until apples are tender.
- When oatmeal is done top with cooked apples and any other toppings you desire! We added a tbsp of slivered almonds and raisins.
Who doesn’t love a good taco?! These plantain shells are my new addiction! They add such great flavor!
These were super simple….
Plantain taco shell
Cilantro for garnish (and because I LOVE tons of it!)
What are your favorite taco toppings?
1 bag mini red potatoes, quartered
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-in.(0.5 cm) thick diagonal slices
1 pkg freshwater shrimp (12)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic salt
Lemon Parsley Vinaigrette:
1/4 c olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp grainy mustard
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat. In a aluminum bbq dish pour in 3 cups cold water and add your potatoes. Cover with foil and seal edges. Place on barbecue and cook 25 to 30 minutes, until fork tender.
- While potatoes cook, make Lemon Parsley Vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in parsley. Set aside.
- Remove potatoes from barbecue and carefully remove foil. Drain any remaining water. Keep grill heated.
- Toss potatoes with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of vinaigrette (reserve the rest). Cover and keep potatoes warm.
- Toss shrimp with the 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic salt. Grill shrimp 2 to 3 min. per side until pink and just cooked through. Grill zucchini for 2 min. per side, or until tender-crisp and grill-marked.
- Combine potatoes, shrimp and zucchini in large bowl. Toss with reserved vinaigrette.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s recipe.
I don’t often put amounts in the ingredients list of pizza toppings because I feel like it’s a personal preference. Myself, I don’t like a lot of cheese, but some people like tons of cheese! So you can decide for yourself:)
1/3 c balsamic vinegar
- Make your Sweet Potato Crust.
- While the crust is cooking make your balsamic reduction. Add your balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce to low and let it cook till reduced to about half of the amount. Stir frequently and watch so it doesn’t burn. It will be a very sticky substance when its done.
- Remove the crust from the oven, spread fig jam over crust, top with grated cheese, slices of prosciutto and place it back in the oven until the cheese is melted (about 5-8 minutes)
- Finally, top with balsamic reduction and fresh basil.
*can also top with spinach!