Quick delicious meal in only 30 minutes!
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Glow Co.
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 c old fashioned oats, gluten free
1/4 c coconut flour
1 small sweet potato, grated
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil ( add more for frying)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 (15 ounce can) coconut milk
1 small red onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1.5 zucchini, cut into cubes
1.5 c cauliflower
1.5 c snow peas
3 tbsp green curry paste
3.5 tbsp lime juice (1.5 limes)
salt to taste
- preheat oven to 375F
- in a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the meatballs (except for olive oil)
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat and add olive oil to the pan. Make balls, 1 inch in size with your hands. It works best of your hands are slightly moist with water. Place in skillet. Repeat.
- Brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes (they don’t need to be fully cooked.) Remove from heat. Set meatballs aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same skilled you used for the meatballs. Add red onion, red pepper and snow peas. Saute veggies for 2 mins. Add coconut curry sauce to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add browned meatballs to the skillet so they are sitting in the curry mixture. Place in the oven and bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice or spinach.
my friend was coming over for lunch and I didn’t have much time to fix something so I threw this in a pot and I was pleasently surprised by how delicious it was!! well I guess I used 2 pots to make some garlic rice- yum my favorite! A family that I ate with on my mission would make this garlic rice that I died over every time! They make it a lot in brazil…so I guess it’s not Indian to go with this dish but you can add garlic to about anything right? The recipe for this delicious garlic rice will be coming soon!!
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 onion, chopped finely
1 can chickpeas (540 ml)
1 can diced tomatoes (540 ml)
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp corn starch
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp garam masala
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp coriander
2 c spinach
- Add olive oil, garlic and onion to a pot and let it brown for about 10 minutes.
- Add spices, chickpeas, coconut milk, diced tomatoes to the pot. Mix cornstartch with a little bit of water before adding to the pot so it mixes well.
- Let it cook for about 15 minutes. Simmer for about 10. Add spinach right before serving and mix together.
- Serve with rice.
I celebrated Valentines day in Utah this year with 2 dates in 1 day. I have never had a valentine, so this was a big deal haha! The funniest part was that they were both named Jared…what are the chances?! But at least I didn’t have to get confused 🙂 Don’t be thinking I’m a player- I was set up on both of these dates… I guess that means you are getting old when you get set up on 2 dates in one day! All I will say is that they were both very entertaining- one was actually hilarious. If you would like to hear the story you can email me 😉
For breakfast I had sweet potato waffles with coconut whip cream topped with raspberries and a strawberry, orange & banana smoothie!
1 handful of frozen strawberries
1 peeled navel orange
1/2 frozen banana
3/4 c almond milk
1/3 can coconut milk (thickened part)
1 heaping tsp maple syrup
1/3 tsp vanilla
Check out my previous post for how to make the waffles!
1. Add all ingredients to the blender and mix till desired consistency. Add more almond milk if it is too thick.
1. Scoop out thickened coconut milk from can and place in a med sized bowl. (Don’t use the watery part)
2. Beat till it forms stiff peaks. Add maple syrup and vanilla and continue to beat.
3. Place in fridge till you are ready to serve.
4. Top waffles with whip cream & fresh raspberries. Add any other toppings you would like!