Quick delicious meal in only 30 minutes!
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Glow Co.
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 c old fashioned oats, gluten free
1/4 c coconut flour
1 small sweet potato, grated
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil ( add more for frying)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 (15 ounce can) coconut milk
1 small red onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1.5 zucchini, cut into cubes
1.5 c cauliflower
1.5 c snow peas
3 tbsp green curry paste
3.5 tbsp lime juice (1.5 limes)
salt to taste
- preheat oven to 375F
- in a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the meatballs (except for olive oil)
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat and add olive oil to the pan. Make balls, 1 inch in size with your hands. It works best of your hands are slightly moist with water. Place in skillet. Repeat.
- Brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes (they don’t need to be fully cooked.) Remove from heat. Set meatballs aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same skilled you used for the meatballs. Add red onion, red pepper and snow peas. Saute veggies for 2 mins. Add coconut curry sauce to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add browned meatballs to the skillet so they are sitting in the curry mixture. Place in the oven and bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice or spinach.
2 candy cane beets, peeled and very thinly sliced
big spoonful of mandarin oranges
1 Tbsp pistachios, chopped
2 Tbsp herbed goat cheese
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp agave nectar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp lime juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. In a med sized bowl mix together beets, olive oil, agave nectar, sea salt, black pepper, lime juice and apple cider vinegar. Let it merinade for a couple of hours to take the bitterness out of the beets.
2. When you are ready to serve, top with mandarin oranges,pistachios and herbed goat cheese.
I don’t often put amounts in the ingredients list of pizza toppings because I feel like it’s a personal preference. Myself, I don’t like a lot of cheese, but some people like tons of cheese! So you can decide for yourself:)
1/3 c balsamic vinegar
- Make your Sweet Potato Crust.
- While the crust is cooking make your balsamic reduction. Add your balsamic vinegar to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce to low and let it cook till reduced to about half of the amount. Stir frequently and watch so it doesn’t burn. It will be a very sticky substance when its done.
- Remove the crust from the oven, spread fig jam over crust, top with grated cheese, slices of prosciutto and place it back in the oven until the cheese is melted (about 5-8 minutes)
- Finally, top with balsamic reduction and fresh basil.
*can also top with spinach!
1/4 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp sea salt
ground black pepper
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 olive oil
1. In a small bowl mix together dry herbs. Add crushed garlic,storing to combine and moisten the herbs.
2. Transfer herb mixture to a smal dish and pour olive oil over top. Add oregano and rosemary oil one tooth pick at a time till desired taste.
3. Serve with bread.
YAY!! Myself and @rikitakitype are SO EXCITED to announce the release of our Sunmer Dinner Party recipe book!!!
Featuring our own paleo, vegan, sugar free and gluten free recipes we are thrilled to share! Order before Wednesday using the CUPON CODE Summer2015 and you can get the ebook for only $12!!! It’s an instant digital download so you can get it right in your hands!! Happy cooking!
Link to order: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/232993420/summer-dinner-party-recipe-book?ref=shop_home_active_2