2 candy cane beets, peeled and very thinly sliced
big spoonful of mandarin oranges
1 Tbsp pistachios, chopped
2 Tbsp herbed goat cheese
1.5 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp agave nectar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp lime juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. In a med sized bowl mix together beets, olive oil, agave nectar, sea salt, black pepper, lime juice and apple cider vinegar. Let it merinade for a couple of hours to take the bitterness out of the beets.
2. When you are ready to serve, top with mandarin oranges,pistachios and herbed goat cheese.
2 sliced of Udi’s Cinnamon Raisin Bread
4 sliced of smoked gouda
2 strips of bacon
1.5 tbsp. of fig jam
1 tsp ghee
- Spread ghee on the outside of each slice of bread.
- Spread fig jam on the inside of one slice, add cooked bacon & cheese.
- In a cast iron skillet grill your sandwich until browned on each side.
1/3 c herbed goat cheese
4 tbsp almond milk
2 med yellow onions, chopped
1- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
1/2 c balsamic vinegar
1.5 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F to bake your sweet potato crust
- Sautee onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep in the moisture if they begin to look dry – add a splash or two of water if they’ are sticking to the bottom of the pan. Set aside once cooked.
- While onions are cooking, prepare balsamic reduction by pouring balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally and being careful not to boil or else it can burn. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about half– it should be a syrupy consistency.
- In the meantime, add goat cheese into a small sauce pan with almond milk. Warm on low heat until it is spreadable and smooth.
- Remove crust from oven and spread with goat cheese and top with onions – I used all of the onions but use less and reserve the leftovers if you prefer.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges appear crisp and the onions and goat cheese have warmed through.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction on top and sprinkle with fresh basil.