Quick delicious meal in only 30 minutes!
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Glow Co.
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 c old fashioned oats, gluten free
1/4 c coconut flour
1 small sweet potato, grated
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil ( add more for frying)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 (15 ounce can) coconut milk
1 small red onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1.5 zucchini, cut into cubes
1.5 c cauliflower
1.5 c snow peas
3 tbsp green curry paste
3.5 tbsp lime juice (1.5 limes)
salt to taste
- preheat oven to 375F
- in a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the meatballs (except for olive oil)
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat and add olive oil to the pan. Make balls, 1 inch in size with your hands. It works best of your hands are slightly moist with water. Place in skillet. Repeat.
- Brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes (they don’t need to be fully cooked.) Remove from heat. Set meatballs aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same skilled you used for the meatballs. Add red onion, red pepper and snow peas. Saute veggies for 2 mins. Add coconut curry sauce to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add browned meatballs to the skillet so they are sitting in the curry mixture. Place in the oven and bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice or spinach.