I missed baking clean treats while I was on my mission! It was too hard to carry around the ingredients, and expensive to try new fun recipes on a super tight budget…so one of the first things I wanted to do when I was home was bake something with my sister!
I was craving cookie dough…. my sister had eaten a lot of cookie dough in the last couple of days, so we compromised with this delicious deep dish!
Recipe from With Salt and Whit
Have fun and enjoy!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips (Dairy free)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- in a blender, combine the coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup. blend until mixed well and smooth. pour into a 8 inch cast iron skillet (or glass baking dish if you do not have a cast iron skillet).
- in a small bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. add the coconut oil, maple, egg and vanilla extract. stir until just combined. fold in chocolate chips.
- add to the skillet, smoothing out on top of the caramel.
- place in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the blondie is cooked through.