I’ve been going through my freezer trying to empty everything out before I leave for California on my mission in November! I came across some cranberries and wanted to try to incorporate them into a meal instead of baking and I came across this easy recipe! I followed all the direction and kept the ingredients the same…if you are referring to their blog… don’t be fooled the prep time is longer than 15 mins. The butternut squash along takes about that long to cut! But- great recipe! I love being able to throw something in the crock pot and not have to worry about it till dinner! 🙂
From Stockpiling Mom’s blog
- 1 butternut squash (1.5 lbs.), cubed
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 bosc pear, sliced
- 1 cup raw cranberries
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (cut into halves or quarters)
- 1 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Layer squash cubes at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Put half of the onions, pears, and cranberries on top.
- Add 1 bay leaf and some spices.
- Arrange a layer of chicken on top of the spices.
- Add another layer of spices and the second bay leaf on top of the chicken.
- Add the remaining onion, pear, and cranberries.
- Pour the broth over the mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.