I have had this obsession lately with duck!! Whenever I am at a restaurant that seems to be my choice! It all started last summer when I ate at Garde Manger in Montreal- it was the best food I had EVER had! The duck i’m sure was much more high quality than what I bought to make myself but it still turned out good! I like to feel fancy sometimes and make exotic dishes and pretend like I am on Master Chef…. #loser
1 duck breast
1.5 tbsp ghee
1/3 c olive oil, to coat veggies
1/2 bulb anise
1/2 tbsp rosemary
1/2 tbsp oregeno
dash of smoked paprika
1 garlic glove, minced
1/4 c orange juice
1 tsp maple syrup
dash of chipotle powder
dash of cinnamon
* use date paste to make it whole 30
1. Pre- heat your oven to 400F
2. Chop up your veggies, coat with olive oil and seasonings. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until veggies are soft.
3. In a frying pan heat your ghee.
4. Score the skin of duck breast and season with sea salt. Add duck breast to your hot oil in frying pan and cook for 5 minutes. The skin should be browned. Flip over cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Transfer duck breast to a baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes. You do not want to the duck breast to dry out.
6. In a small sauce pan heat orange glaze ingredients over med heat till it comes to a slow boil. Stir consistently and watch closely so it doesn’t burn. Should reduce to about 3/4 of the amount.
7. Remove duck from the oven, cover with tin foil and let it sit for 5 minutes. Slice into fairly thin slices.
8. Plate duck and veggies and pour orange glaze over top of duck breast and eat immediately.