I saw this Ramen burger a couple months back and have been so intrigued! Obviously I had to make a version I could eat- and DANG!!! My brother tried one and wanted it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Ingredients: 6 parsnips, spiralized 5 eggs 1/4 lbs ground beef 1/2 tsp sesame oil 1/4 tbsp soy sauce sea salt and black pepper to taste 1/4 c organic ketchup 2 tbsp sriracha 3 slices of American cheese 4 tbsp avocado oil, plus a bit more for fried egg Handful of arugula *use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and omit the cheese if making it whole 30 and paleo Directions:
- In a pan add some water and heat it on med. Add spiralized parsnips and cook till they are tender- should only take a couple of minutes. Drain. Allow noodles to cool slightly.
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir noodles into eggs until evenly coated. Divide noodles into 6 burger-size ramekins. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly over noodles and stack another bowl on top to flatten noodles. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Mix beef, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl. Divide beef mixture into three equal portions and shape into mini patties.
- Add 4 tbsp of avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Invert each noodle bowl, gently tapping the bottom of the bowl until noodles loosens, careful to maintain bun shape.
- Fry each noodle bun, without moving noodles, in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip each bun and continue frying until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes more. Noodle bun should be crispy on one side and slightly softer on the other. Transfer buns to large plate with the crispy side up.
- Grill your burgers on the BBQ. Cook on each side for a couple of minutes. 3-5 minutes on each side. Add a slice of American cheese over each burger and continue to cook until melted, about 1 minute more.
- Mix ketchup and sriracha in a small bowl; spread mixture over the crispy side of each ramen bun. Divide arugula over 3 ramen buns. Place burgers over arugula.
- Heat about a bit of oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat; fry remaining eggs one at a time, using a sliced onion ring to keep the egg in a circular shape. Cook until yolk is almost firm, cover the pan for about 1 minute. Place egg over patty and top with remaining bun.
- Serve right away!