Breakfast, lunch or dinner soup!
6.5 c veggie broth
1 c water
3 cloves of garlic, cut in half
1/2 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped into slices
1 zucchini, chopped
6 sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp fresh basil
6 c water
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 tsp sea salt
1. In a large pot add veggie broth,water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low-med and add your veggies & spices- garlic, onion, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, sea salt, pepper and fresh basil ( or dried if you don’t have fresh.)
3. Let your soup cook for about 40 minutes or until veggies are at desired softness.
4. When there is about 10 minutes left of cooking start poaching your eggs- if you don’t have an egg poacher make them in a pot! Add water to a pot with vinegar and sea salt. Bring water to a boil then turn it down to med- take eggs out of the fridge right when you are about to crack them into the pot of water because you want them to be cold! Once egg is cracked into the water let it cook a bit then take a spatula and gently scrape off the bottom. You can then fold the egg a bit with a spoon to help it stay together. Cook 3-4 minutes for soft and 7-8 for hard. Remove poached egg from water with a slotted spoon and place on a paper tower. You can cut the edges off if you would like.
5. Once soup is done, scoop into bowl and drop your poached egg into it! I like my egg soft boiled because it makes the soup creamy:)