Everything Is more fun when it is in waffle form… am I right?! This was totally an experiment and I’m happy with how they turned out! If you like falafel then you will enjoy these! If not… then maybe move on to the next recipe, or try them out and I hope they will change your mind! 🙂 I think I would really enjoy living in eastern Europe because Mediterranean food is so dlish!
2 1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 c chickpeas
1/2 large sweet potato, shredded
1.5 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
pinch of cardamom
pinch of cayenne pepper
3 tsp cumin
1 C plain yogurt
1 garlice clove, minced
1/2 cucumber, grated
1 tsp fresh dill
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. In your food processor shred your sweet potato, Transfer to a medium sized bowl. Add chickpeas to the food processor and mix till mostly smooth- not completely.
2. Start heating your waffle maker.
3. Transfer chickpeas to your bowl, add all ingredients ( except sauce ingredients) and mix well.
4. Form into small balls.
5. Spray waffle maker with coconut oil, add your falafel balls and cook till browned.
6. Mix your Tzatziki sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
7. Serve waffles with spinach, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onions, parsley and cucumber with sauce for dipping.