One thing I do miss since becoming gluten free is my moms banana bread!! I love banana bread- especially the bum piece! So don’t you dare touch that piece if we are sharing banana bread… okay fine you can have on of them!
Adapted from The Comfy Belly recipe.
3 ripe, peeled bananas
1 slice of one slightly ripe banana for the top
3 large eggs
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tbsp vanilla
3/4 tbsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 c + 2 tbsp coconut flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F
2. Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Mash the bananas using a mixer until completely mashed and smooth.
4. Add the eggs, honey, and vanilla to the mashed bananas and blend well.
5. Add the baking soda, salt, and coconut flour to the wet batter and blend well.
6. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to give the coconut flour time to absorb the liquids.
7. Pour the batter into the baking pan, add slice of banana on top and drizzle a bit more honey. Bake for 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out comes out clean.
8. Remove bread from baking pan and let it cool fully. This is very moist when first out of the oven but tends to firm up over time. Store covered for a few days at room temperature or in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or seal and freeze for a few months.
Makes one loaf