CHEERS to the freakin weekend!! Why not celebrate with some mash-tini’s and get a little fancy huh? They are super easy to make too! Who doesn’t love a super easy meal. And how cute would these be at a party?!
2 med sweet potatoes
3 Tbsp almond milk
1/2 c plus a little more chicken drippings
1/2 c + 2 tbsp water
1.5 Tbsp corn starch (or arrowroot powder)
1 package of cooked bacon
3 sprigs of scallions
1/4 c cheddar cheese, grated
1. Pre- heat oven to 400 F
2. Scrub sweet potatoes and bake for 40- 45 minutes or until they are done
3. Line baking sheet with tin foil, lay out bacon and place in the oven when the potatoes have about 20 minutes left
4. While bacon and sweet potatoes are cooking pour chicken drippings and 1/2 c water into a small pot and bring to a boil. In a separate bowl whisk together 2 tbsp of warm water and corn starch till dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to the pot. Whisk frequently and reduce heat to low till it thickens into a gravy.
5. Remove sweet potatoes and bacon from the oven. Remove skin from sweet potato and place in a medium sized bowl. Brake bacon into pieces and place in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Add almond milk to potatoes and mix with a beater till smooth.
6. Shred your cheese and slice scallions into tiny pieces.
7. Add everything to martini glass and serve!
* you can add sour cream or any other toppings you would like! To make it paleo remove the cheese and use arrowroot starch.