Its PIE day!! I hope you all enjoy a nice slice of pie today… or a variation of some sort like this:) How many numbers can you count up to in PI? I can get up to the 14 haha. Happy 3.14!
1.5 Tbsp Arrowroot powder
2 Tbsp raw honey
pinch of sea salt
1 c almond milk
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 chopped banana
handful of banana chips
1/3 can coconut milk (thickened part)
1 heaping tsp maple syrup
1/3 tsp vanilla
1. In a med sauce pan heat 2 tbsp honey, arrowroot powder and salt on med heat. Slowly stir in almond milk. Bring to a slow boil stirring consistently till it thickens. Lower heat and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a small mug mix egg yolk. Add a heaping spoonful of the custard and whisk with egg yolk. You don’t want to add the yolk straight into the pot or is could scramble the egg. Pour egg yolk into pot once you have whisked it a bit, continue stirring and bring to a boil. Cook and stir a couple of minutes longer while it continues to thicken.
3. Remove from heat and let it cool. Slice one banana and layer the bottom of a dish. Pour pudding on top and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
1. Scoop out thickened coconut milk from can and place in a med sized bowl. (Don’t use the watery part)
2. Beat till it forms stiff peaks. Add maple syrup and vanilla and continue to beat.
3. Place in fridge till you are ready to serve.
4. Scoop cream on chilled pudding and top with sliced banana and crushed banana chips.