Bring me all the Thai food!!! I love anything curry nom nom nom.
1 large bag of shrimp (40-50)
2 small cans of bamboo shoots
1 red peppers
1 yellow pepper
2 cans of coconut milk
1 red chilli
5 kaffir lime leaves
5 tbsp red curry paste
1 tbsp palm sugar
1/4 c fish oil
1/4 tsp salt
sweet basil leaves & lemon juice (optional)
1. Remove tails from shrimp and cook in a frying pan from frozen on med heat till barely pink. Set aside.
2. Thinly slice bamboo shoots, peppers & slice mushrooms.
3. Poor 1 tin of coconut milk into a wok. Bring to a boil over med heat, store constantly. Add the curry paste, stir until red oil surfaces.
4. Add the remaining coconut milk, follow with bamboo shoots and veggies, season with fish sauce, sugar and salt and bring back to the boil. Add shrimp near the end so it doesn’t over cook.
5. Sprinkle kaffir lime leaves and chillies. You can also garnish with sweet basil leaves and squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top if you would like!
6. Serve on a bed of rice. For a grain free option-
like to eat mine on a bed of spinach!