LADIES & GENTLEMEN!!
You are in for a treat. This diary free ice cream is UNREAL! So creamy and delicious- I never have to miss real Ice Cream anymore and won’t have to suffer the tummy aches 😉 My friend Megan shared this recipe with me….so she if pretty much my new BFF! Check out her blog!
The first time I tried this recipe was at my friends house. You should have seen us- we were eating this ice cream so fast it was ALL over our faces. I fell in love and knew right then- I NEEDED and ice cream maker!
So I got one from Santa for Christmas. Enough of the story, I know you just want the recipe!
I have a Cuisine Art ice cream maker (2qt. or 1.9L) so I halved this recipe.
For the base:
1 avocado (4.5 oz)
1⁄2 plantain (2.5 oz)
34 oz coconut milk (2 cans)
2.5 cups agave (personally I prefer maple syrup)
Base: Add 1.5 extra cups agave (or maple syrup again)
3.5 cups cocoa powder
*it seems like a LOT of sugar I know- but the sugar to fat ratio is important!!
1. Make sure your have you placed your ice cream maker in the freezer AT LEAST 48hrs in advance.
2. Add all of your ingredients into a food processor and mix till consistency is smooth.
3. Pour into your ice cream maker and let it mix for about 30 minutes. You may want to put it in the freezer for a bit longer after depending on how hard you want your ice cream.
4. Store the extra ice cream in an air tight container in the freezer!
* I couldn’t resist, I just had to eat some of the mixture before adding it to the ice cream maker- it is like chocolate pudding and you know I like every bit of that food processor and utensils I used:)
Enjoy! And if you don’t have an ice cream maker GO buy one!
1 tbsp espresso powder
Make base. Whisk in cocoa and espresso powder.