I’m not posting this for sympathy but because I feel so blessed right now and feel like I have experienced so MANY miracles I can’t help but share!
First of all I have the best mom, she has been by my side through everything. Always so patient with me, there to cry with me when it felt like my pain was never going to go away, and serve me in any way I need.
I have had a herniated disc now for over a year and a half that was pinching a nerve so I was restricted to only walking- sometimes not even that! I think I can truly say it has been the hardest year of my life! So many emotions, feeling abandoned, not understanding why I had to go through this trial! I am LDS. I have grown up with the knowledge that our Heavenly Father is always there for us, but I’m not going to lie this was a serious trial of my faith! I would fast and pray frequently hoping that the pain would just go away and my back would heal it self. I still don’t know exactly why I had to go through this for so long, but I know that it has made me stronger in my faith and I have learned more about patience and the ability to empathize with others. It has also helped me to learn that we do not always know what people are going through so we need to be kind to every one and know that there is a reason why people do what they do.
I was able to get surgery yesterday which is a miracle to me.
1. I was lucky enough to get in on a short notice cancellation!
2. As of right now- I don’t feel ANY pain in my leg- is this real life?! I have had pain in my leg every second since 2013 so I can’t even believe this is real!!
3. They say the surgery went amazing- it was textbook, no complications and it was only 45 minutes.
4. I was able to walk out of the hospital- this seems crazy to me since they were doing surgery on my back!
5. I am healthy in every other way and because I am so health conscious I should recover well and should be able to run, work out, hike and do the things I love again!
Thanks for all your prayers, thoughts and kind words! I’m feeling so blessed