ever since i went to ecuador with osso, where i worked in several orphanages, i have been in love with plantains! there are soo many different ways to cook them, i honestly couldn’t even pick a favorite. both savory and sweet are amazing- but today was a savory kind of day!
for the chips
large glob of coconut oil for frying
1/2 organic plain yogurt
dash of chipotle chilli powder
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp sriracha
1 garlic glove minced
1 tsp basil
sea salt & pepper to taste
1. mix all ingredients for dip in a bowl and place in fridge to chill till your plantain chips are done.
2. plop your coconut oil in a frying pan and heat on med
3. slice plantain into 1cm disks
4. fry until they are slightly golden brown
5. remove from oil and flatten
6. place flattened plantains back into oil till they are crispy and golden
7. generously sprinkle with sea salt
eat while they are warm! they also taste great with avocado! lets be real…what doesn’t taste good with avocado?
*plantains are a great source of potassium, fiber and many vitamins. plantains are a source of starch and a good replacement for potatoes for the health benefits advangages they offer