the perfect way to start the morning with some sweet potato waffles:) these waffles freeze great too- for those mornings when you are in a rush, you can pop them in the toaster and voila!
1 c almond flour
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon ( i put in 1 tablespoon because i loooove cinnamon)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 medium sweet potato, cooked & skinned
2 organic free range eggs
1.5 teaspoons of vanilla
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
1/2 c of almond milk
1. pre-heat your waffle iron
2. mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (everything through the nutmeg)
3. whisk together all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
4. add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined
5. grease waffle iron with a bit of coconut oil
6. pour the batter onto waffle iron and cook according to directions on your waffle iron
top with your favourite toppings! this morning i added vanilla vital green farms yogurt, buzz cinnamon honey and some raspberries.
have a beautiful day!